Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dear _____________, please hire me

I saw this job listing and got really excited. I studied art and religion in Central Asia (specifically Mongolia) as a thesis topic and I would love to be in the Met archives all day 3 days a week. I also studied 20th century avant-garde, so that's extent of my formal background in art history. However, my mother's side of the family used to be patrons of the arts so I've grown up in museums, galleries, and at home, learning about that legacy and the artists they were friendly with.

I've enclosed my resumé and hope I'm what you're looking for. My salary history is a little shadier...I have made below minimum wage a great many times and would love to change that so that I can stay afloat doing what I enjoy. Something that's not included in my resumé but is pertinent is that I have worked as an assistant, receptionist, and web content advisor for my dad's business (he's a doctor). So I have experience in an office setting with answering phones, data entry, etc. Is this position still open, and if so, when does this job begin? And for that matter, what are typical starting wages?
Thanks, and look forward to hearing back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment