Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Weird dreams/New things

Sometimes you gotta write and for me this is one of those times. Lacking in filtration, editing, ceremoniousness, or even necessarily poignancy. I'm a stranger in a strange land with some allies but not much emotional support (though that's shifting.)  So here's today's VERY necessary unloading.  Oh, and vapid or no, yr mom's still a ho.

I had South Western nostalgia dreams mixed up with Vermont nostalgia dreams last night. I woke up and wrote my dream down before my eyes had time to adjust to the light (my handwriting is evidence of this) and realized my new turquoise earring (flea market 75 cent booty/ibiza hippy market?) had fallen out of my ear while I was sleeping.  I was afraid that it was too late even though I woke up 12,000,000 times between 6:30 and 9:00AM and poured tea down my throat and gobbled down the last piece of my gluten-free vegan lasagna (have to make more this week, that stuff is the best thing I've ever had in my mouth.) Got on the bike and went to my new apprenticeship as a framer and for 5.5 hours proceeded to cut mats.  I did this while standing on a stool/simultaneously stooping because without the stool I was too short and with it I was towering over the mat cutter, causing difficulties in maintaining the expected level of precision for such a task.  Freddy cooked a bangin' white asparagus soup for lunch, apparently he cooks lunch for all of his workers everyday and then when its nice out goes and takes a nap in the bench in the back yard.  Talk about a chill work environment.

(Arco + Haenle Rahmen + Grafik Kunstverlag)

I wanted to go talk to him about hours but he was asleep on the bench.  I just pretended I was checking to make sure my bike still existed.  (It did.) As it turns out I can come and go as I wish.  I wrote him a note to try and communicate about this issue (while I thought he was still sleeping in the garden) and he simply corrected the grammar and told me he would have it framed. No one who works in the workshop is German.  We have me, two Croatians, and a Texan.  Everyone is really really nice and solicitous and everyone's name ends in the "ee" sound. Freddy, Moopy, Milly, Stevie, Lily.  OK, except maybe Eban. And maybe the lady who does the gold leafing on the frames but I haven't met her formally yet (although that is something I am SUPER interested in learning about.) Brigitte called and I'm getting an art class/puppet making class with her next week!!!! And then going to her birthday party! I was so excited to hear from her.

OH MY GOLLY I PARTIED WITH THE MOST AWESOME GROUP OF MONGOLS!

I was hanging out at Crystal's and we took a walk and had been wondering who was partying so hard outside of her house for however many hours-a group of super warm, lovely Mongolians.  I talked with them for a while, can't say how long because my time-space orientation isn't that good in general and was particularly loopy at that hour but I'm guessing maybe an hour? It's incredible how thrilled people from really obscure countries with even more obscure languages are when you show that you've made some effort in learning their language.  It totally makes the effort worthwhile.  I kind of envy the experience from their side in a certain sense, being a native English speaker, I'm not expected to try, I'm always addressed in my native language which makes it difficult when I do, and I have no default secret language.

Strangely, this meeting of the Mongols occurred around the time I must have received an e-mail canceling my Mongolian Sprache Kurs for the rest of the semester, and also around the time that someone from Mongolia "friended" me on a virtual social networking utility? Bizzarro.  The preceding floh-markts were effective, somewhat profitable, and generous.  I sold almost all of my stuff or gave it away and had enough money to get myself some beautiful (space efficient) items: coral necklace I had been coveting (deadly sin) for some months at another vendors' booth (I get obsessive sometimes), bathing suit (much needed two weeks ago), etc.  It was really good also to hang with Diana.

I say that I needed a bathing suit two weeks ago because I was in Amsterdam then and it was really hot and my lil' cuz Eva (wanna hang out with her more) & I went to too many flea markets and I bought 2.5 bathing suits there.  I really don't need any more bathing suits, this is getting excessive. I went from none to 4.5. 

In other news I just finished the first season of Star Trek: Next Generation and I feel a sense of loss.  It is just so profound and nuanced and sophisticated and I have no space to download the next season (ha.) Also I cried all morning yesterday because I was watching coverage of the oil reaching Alabama's "White Beaches" and "Nature Conservatories." Ugh.

OK, this is starting to look like a livejournal entry of yore (like, c. 2001), I need to start writing in a real journal, and not just my dreams.

Right quick, projects:
-wings
-tryptych
-die kleine hexe
-puppen
-quitting the bad thing
-mongolian homework
-summer plans
-budget

P.S. Budapesht was also the shiat. Going to Berlin/Leipzig soon, then Prague, and hopefully Mongolia and more central Asia/Russia/the Balkans? Speaking of which I have an invite to Greece (and also to my G. Uncle in Switzerland), I should really take them up on it this time. I miss the U.S., hard.  But right now I'm really happy to be here. Also to be riding my bike every day.  Thank you uncle Robert! Hallelujah!

P.P.S. My mo sent me an amazing package in the mail with nine pairs of shoes and my brother's album.

P.P.P.S. JORDAN HAD HER BABY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment