Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dear _____________, please hire me

I am a recent college graduate and excellent researcher who has traveled with a circus before as a clown, ringleader, glasseater, firebreather, puppeteer, etc. I am very interested in avant-garde theater (particularly puppets and clowning at this time) and the history of the circus. Social justice work has been a passion of mine since early politicization, and I am especially interested in the potential of the performance/arts as an avenue for education, political activism, and by perhaps if only by prompting critical thinking helping in the execution of goals in this realm. I would therefore be very interested in working for a Non-profit arts organization.

On a perhaps more or less serious note, "The Warriors", which is a 1970's exploitation film focusing on the journey of a Coney Island gang back to their turf through every other NYC gang's turf is one of my very favorite films in the world and only nurtures my already existing fondness of Coney.

Please consider me for the position as Dramaturg for your organization despite my lack of formal experience. I think that I have the chutzpah, drive, and thoroughness to really make this work.

Yours truly

No comments:

Post a Comment