Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Volunteer opportunities?

Sorry it took me so long to respond, however I have been both in
transit and perplexed by your e-mail. I think the key words that
threw me off were "financial, marketing, and operations", "business
management", "bookkeeping" and "no direct supervision" as well as the
time frame. These would not merely be challenges for me, I have zero
experience in really any of these areas and could therefore not
perform them without any kind of training or supervision. I simply do
not have the skill set to adequately fill the role you seem to have in
mind. I see what you need and from the looks of it it's not another
ethnographer type at the moment. My background is in the humanities
(with a little bit of botany) and the arts. I have a ticket to Eurasia
for no sooner than mid-May. Earlier would not be feasible at this
time for me.

I'm happy to help in any way I can, but I don't think I would be able
to learn all of those skills on site and do a good job within a
realistic time frame.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if something opens up in my
field, I'm sorry that I don't got what you're lookin' for!

Keep in touch, and thank you,



Hi,

Thanks for your e mail. It's true that our needs are quite specific right now, and I really appreciate your honesty about your qualifications. We are fortunate to have had several very qualified volunteer applicants recently and look like we will have a full team this summer. Please do keep in touch for future opportunities.

Best

No comments:

Post a Comment